Best Of Foundations

Hey Everyone!

I get asked about foundations every single day. Everyone wants to know about texture, how i would rate them and all of that, so i thought i would do a big old blog post on my favourites.

I will rate them all with  ❤'s out of a possible 5. Five being the best.

Laura Mercier - Moisture Supreme Foundation
❤ 

This foundation is my favourite. Ever. 

It costs £33 and is the best investment you will ever make in terms of buying foundation. I know you all want some quick fire questions and answers about it, so i've made a list and answered them all. 

Colour: True to shade on the label. There are 12 shades available, meaning it will be easy to find your colour.

Texture: Oil free, definitely makes my skin feel moisturised and breathable.

Coverage: Medium coverage, very buildable if you want a fuller cover.

Finish: Semi Matte. There is no 'shine' per say but definitely a subtle glow.

Verdict: £33 is a little bit pricey for foundation, but this will last you months and is perfect for any occasion. The best beauty investment you will ever make.

To buy this, go to www.houseoffraser.co.uk

Clarins Skin Illusion Minerals



This costs £25 right now, and is excellent for anyone who prefers a 'second skin' feeling foundation. Perfect for oily skin, this mineral based foundation will last ages.

Colour: True to form, does tend to adapt in different climates. There are 10 shades available.

Texture: Minerals, very fine, feels like a second skin.

Coverage: Medium, this is buildable but not for a full coverage.

Finish: Matte.

Verdict: This is a heavy jar, it is made of glass and feels really expensive despite the fact it isn't as expensive as some others. I like this a lot, i would definitely use it for daytime use and if im abroad in hotter climates and my skin needs to breathe.

To buy this, go to www.houseoffraser.co.uk

Avon Ideal Flawless
❤ 


At a tenner, this is high end drug store foundation and i was really keen to try it, because there were so many shades available, i figured i would find my shade quite easily.

Colour: There are 16 shades available, which is great, and the colour in the tub looks ideal but i found the colour does tend to adapt quite a lot in different climates, which for me is off putting.

Texture: Nice, feels ever so slightly sticky, but just set the foundation with a pressed powder and that eliminates any issues.

Coverage: Medium, again, this is buildable.

Finish: Semi Matte.

Verdict: I like this, and use it often because it is affordable and gives a good coverage.   The colour adapting of this makes me slightly frustrated at this otherwise idyllic foundation. 

Rimmel Match Perfection 



This is my favourite low end foundation, i use it almost everytime i go into town. I can really rely on it which is fantastic at £4.99 a bottle!

Colour: Fantastic! stays true to the label. There are 10 shades available. Although, most of the shades available are more suited for light skintones, rather than dark which is why this only gets 4 stars instead of 5.

Texture: Creamy, you only need a very small amount of this.

Coverage: Medium, definitely buildable to full.

Finish: Semi Matte - Oily skin types will need to spend extra time on powdering to ensure a flawless finish.

Verdict: i love this foundation, its cheap, cheerful and matches my skintone perfectly. However, darker skin tones would find it difficult to match their shade which is why this gets 4 stars instead of 5.

To buy this go to www.boots.com

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation & Powder. 


    
I'm pretty new to the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation, but its definitely something i will replace when im finished it.  The lightest shade suits me best and ive found it really works well with my dry skin right now. 

Colour: Lovely for my skintone. Peachy!

Texture: Creamy, again, you only need a small amount, dries like satin! LIQUID SATIN!

Coverage: Medium - full. Almost full, it is a heavy bodied foundation which again is buildable, i love this foundation and can't wait to get my hands on some more revlon products! 

Finish: Satin. Beautiful beautiful beautiful. Team this with the nearly naked pressed powder for the most flawless complexion you'll ever have! This is my favourite high end drug store foundation.

Verdict: If you never buy another thing in your life, buy this. Skin literally does look naked. NAKED! my skin looked flawless, it took away any red patches i had and any blemishes in an instant. LOVE!

To buy this go to www.superdrug.com     

Well, there you have it! my first five foundations! what do you all think of these? I will be doing more foundation reviews soon :D

xxxxxx




3 Comments

  1. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog
    ! I LOVE checking out people's blogs, I just don't do the follow for a follow sort of thing. :) I really want to try the nearly naked foundation because I hate it when I, or other people, can tell that I'm wearing foundation, but I still like the coverage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, i really dont like the whole follow for follow either but a bit like you i love reading other blogs!

    Oh its amazing! i love it, it goes really nicely with the nearly naked pressed powder too.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish we had cosmetics like these :( the foundation from Laura Mercier looks wonderful!

    very cute blog, keep it up! im definitely following :))

    http://circassianfashion.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to every comment I receive! Please feel free to leave links too :)